Our beginning and our mission
Wayne Barnett Software started in 2000. Wayne’s mission is to create software that is easy to use and affordable. After 18 successful years, the mission continues.
Since the beginning, we’ve done things in a different way. Specifically:
- We don’t require our customers to purchase a dedicated server.
- We encourage our customers to use free database systems.
- Our contracts are annual agreements.
- We offer a 30-day free trial.
- There’s no charge for training or installation.
- Our technology is 100% Microsoft and we develop everything we sell.
We’ve been profitable every year and our reputation is solid–so we plan to keep doing things the same way.
And that’s not all.
- For 17+ years we’ve published the BSA Examiner, a free industry newsletter that’s delivered to 11,000+ banks, credit unions, regulators, attorneys, accountants and consultants.
- We’ve never belonged to a national or state banking association, or an online banking website. We refuse to pay anyone to endorse our products. Instead, we ask you to check our references.
- We don’t use “independent contractors” for our sales staff. Likewise, we don’t badmouth our competition. Our strategy is to offer great products and the best customer service in the industry. And ma’am and sir, we think our strategy works great!
- We don’t use off-shore developers.
- We are a small company: just two people. But after 18 years of work, we have a great portfolio of systems. And any time you call us, you’ll be speaking with someone who can help you.
Wayne Barnett – Owner-Founder, CEO and Chief Software Architect
Wayne began working with computers in 1976, and has 40 years of experience in banking. He has multiple degrees and education in accounting and law. Wayne’s business strategy is simple: the most profitable customer is the one you keep. So, we work hard to keep every customer happy.
Maureen Barnett – Head of Software Development
Maureen joined Wayne Barnett Software in 2012 as a programmer. Her background is software engineering, mainly in the aerospace and telecom fields. She calls herself a girly-geek because she loves digging into new technologies, but at the same time she loves all things artistic. Maureen has five patents for software design and has won multiple awards for her art work.
Wayne and Maureen have been together since 2007, and were married on January 2, 2017.